Faith in God provides your life with a stability that exceeds anything this world has to offer. What God has promised is precious, perfect, eternal, just, and untarnished by sin. God’s promises are an unshakeable foundation upon which you can build your life. They are a safe haven of rest where you will always find peace.
God’s promises are rooted in God’s character. God, the promise maker is the promise keeper. God will do everything he has said he will do. God, The Promise Maker alone has the power to turn every one of his promises into reality.
Picture an old fashioned balance scale which was used to compare the weight of two objects. On one side start placing the promises of God. Promises like …
- God will never leave you or forsake you
- You are God’s child, and you can call out anytime, anywhere “Abba Father”
- If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- God has completely forgotten your sins-God will deliver you from temptation
- God will provide you with the grace you need for today
- God will reward your obedience and faithfulness
- God hears your prayers
- God’s steadfast love for you endures forever
On the other side of the scale start placing your life, and each of your problems, afflictions, fears, anxieties, joys, hopes, dreams, and hidden secrets. Does the scale lean towards God’s promises or towards your life?
If God’s promises outweigh what is happening in your life today; if God’s promises, outweigh all the alternatives, then let faith continue to be the dominant characteristic of your life.
Without hesitating, with great joy, obediently let faith underpin your every action and decision.
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for
and assurance about what we do not see